Grab your atlas, running shoes, (Spanish to English translator,) and a good book! You ready? Let’s go, fam!
My good friend Esther tagged me for a “Narnia Tag” (thank you!). The only thing I was wondering about was… What on earth is Narnia?
I had heard that word again and again, but never knew what it was. I assumed it was some Greek mythological place or whatever, and didn’t really put much thought into it.
Finally, I had to research it. After about 30 minutes or so I found out that “Narnia” was a place in a book series called The Chronicles of Narnia, by some guy named C.S. Lewis.
Clearly, I had never read it before, so I hopped onto this laptop to write out an explanation and apology…
So, I apologize for those few paragraphs of false nonsense. I was just joking. Heehee.
That was seriously one of your worst jokes ever. Especially because HOW ON EARTH COULD YOU BE BOTH AN AMADOR AND A WRITER WITHOUT KNOWING WHAT NARNIA WAS??? You didn’t fool me for a second, Danny-Boy. I know it was a horrible joke. Why do you think I apologized? …Good point. Of course it is. Now leave me be. You aren’t even supposed to be here. How did you get out of that cell anyway? Secrets. And I will never leave! You. Shall. Not. PAAASSSSSS!!! *gasps, and flees in terror*
I apologize for that whole… scene, as well. *eyes him running away* He shouldn’t be back for a few posts, I think.
Anyway, on with the tag!
Below are the tag rules:
- Thank the person who tagged you (Done and done).
- Describe the rate of your Narnia fanatic- nostalgic, serious, or maniacal (…still to be done).
- Answer the questions below (will do).
- Tag 5+ other bloggers (okay).
- Have fun (I intend to)!
The levels of Narnia fanatic:
- Nostalgic fanatic- You read the book and/or watch the movies as a child and the word “Narnia” gives you a warm feeling.
- Serious fanatic- You rediscovered the wonder of Narnia after you were older and have read the books and watched the movies.
- Maniacal fanatic- You have lived Narnia from childhood, hid in closets on more accounts than is healthy, and have read and watched all the movies, including the BBC version.
Hmmm… I don’t think I fit into any of those categories… SO I WILL MAKE MY OWN!!! AHAHAHA!!!
I call it… *drum roll*
The ‘DanLA fanatic’! *gasps* Oooh, I like it, actually! Kind of… sort of… not really… Maybe! I could use that some time actually… Let’s just say it’s a work in progress that I’ll likely never work on ever in my future.
- DanLA fanatic- You’ve watched all the Disney movies, and read through Prince Caspian. You never even knew there was a BBC version. You have hid in closets, but only for hide and seek, and you weren’t even thinking of Narnia at the time.
Now for the questions!
- Who is your favorite Pevensie sibling?
Hmmm… I think I’m going to have to go with… Peter… or maybe Lucy… For this tag, I think I’ll just go with Peter. He just seems like a good older brother.
- What is the most underrated book in the series?
It’d have to be The Magician’s Nephew. I don’t hear much about that book, but it’s honestly so good! Now they just need to make a movie… and make it accurate.
- Who is your favorite Narnian king?
Peter. A brave, just, strong, fearless leader, he is.
- Who is your favorite Narnian queen?
Lucy. A brave, kind, just, wise queen, she is..
- Which non-human Narnian do you like best?
Reepicheep. REEP-I-CHEEP!!! REEP-I-CHEEP!!! Second place is Aslan.
- Which book deserves a movie?
The Horse and His Boy. I’d love to see that as a movie- it would be so good! All they need to do is MAKE. IT. ACCURATE. FOR GOODNESS SAKES, ALL WE WANT IS THE ORIGINAL BOOK IN A MOVIE, OKAY, PRODUCERS??? PLEASE???? FOR ONCE??????
- What is one thing you did as a Narnia fanatic you did not regret?
Uuuummm… I’m not sure. Read at least some of the books, I guess?
That’s all for the questions! Now for the tags.
Please note that you do not have to do this if you do not want to!
Thank you for reading!
With God’s help,
Daniel L. Amador